Virusbarrier For Mac
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer software |
Purchased this because my subscription to VirusBarrier X5 was expiring. Downloaded and installed and went through the Netupdate process and when I get done my machine (Late 2008 MacBook Pro with 4Gb ram, OS X 10.7.2) experiencing constant spinning wheel and Force Quit showing various programs 'not responding'. Uninstall X6 and it all goes away. Mac Internet Security X9 contains two of our best-selling security products that protect your Mac against malware and network attacks: Intego VirusBarrier X9 and Intego NetBarrier X9. Together they ensure your Mac is protected against adware, malware, strangers, and unknown applications trying to get in. Designed specifically for Mac, we.
- Intego VirusBarrier X8 for Mac builds a line of defense against viruses, Trojans, and other forms of malware online and offline, having the capability to do both on-demand and scheduled scanning.
- Number 1 Leading Mac security and antivirus software since 1997. Award-winning AV, network security, utility and parental control software exclusively for Mac OS X and macOS.
Intego is a Mac and Windows security software company. The company was founded in 1997.
The company creates Internet security software for Mac OS X and macOS and Windows, including: antivirus, firewall, anti-spam, backup software and data protectionsoftware.
Intego currently has offices in the U.S. in Seattle, Washington and Austin, Texas, and also offices in Paris, France and Nagano, Japan. All of Intego's products are universal binaries, and are supported in several languages: English, French, Japanese, German, Spanish and Italian.
Virusbarrier Express For Mac
Founded by former CEO Laurent Marteau and based in Paris, France, Intego released its first antivirus product in 1997: Rival, an antivirus for Mac OS 8. Two years later in July 1999, Intego released NetBarrier, the first personal security software suite for Mac OS 8. Then in October 2000, Intego released its legacy antivirus software, VirusBarrier 1.0, for Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9.
Intego launched The Mac Security Blog in mid-2007, a blog that covers Mac security news, Apple security updates, Mac malware alerts, as well as news and opinion pieces related to Apple products. The company launched a podcast in October 2017, called the Intego Mac Podcast.
Intego released its current X9 version of antivirus and security software in June 2016.
In July 2018, Kape Technologies announced the acquisition of Intego to 'enhance [their] arsenal of products in cyber protection for iOS.'
In September 2020 Intego Softwares released also a Windows Version of the Security/Antivirus Suite.
- Personal Antispam
- Personal Backup
- Internet Security Barrier
- Remote Management Console
- ^'The MacTech Spotlight: Laurent Marteau, Intego'. mactech.com. 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- ^'Intego Ships NetBarrier 1.0, The First Personal Security Solution For The Mac OS'. mactech.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Wire It Up: Product Table'. macworld.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'The State of Mac Security in 2016'. intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Mac OS 9: Some Love for the Classics!'. intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Happy Anniversary! Intego Celebrates 20 Years in Business'. intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Intego Launches New Podcast Series: Intego Mac Podcast'. intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Launch! All-New X9 Mac Antivirus and Security Bundles'. intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^'Sagi's Kape acquires US cybersecurity co Intego'. Globes. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2020.