The Torch Browser For Mac
Chrome Web Browser for Mac. The Top most browser for Mac that we recommend is Google. Torch Browser for Mac is a media-focused internet browser for Mac. It's quick to download and simple to use. The browser includes both a media player and grabber that makes it easy to save media files. Additionally, it offers integration with social media, which allows you to share updates with a click. Aug 29, 2019 The best internet browser isn’t necessarily the default one that comes with your device. Whether you’re looking for faster web browsing or more security while you’re online, we’ll help you choose the right internet browser in this guide. So, coming up are 8 Best Browsers for Mac that you can use to turn your dream into.
|Developer(s)||Torch Media Inc.|
|Initial release||June 18, 2012|
|22.214.171.1246 (June 8, 2020; 4 months ago) [±]|
|Operating system||Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, Turkish, Italian, Portuguese, German|
|Type||Web browser, BitTorrent client|
Torch is a Chromium-based web browser and Internet suite developed by Torch Media. The browser handles common Internet-related tasks such as displaying websites, sharing websites via social networks, downloading torrents, accelerating downloads and grabbing online media, all directly from the browser. Torch Browser is commercial freeware.
Torch is based on the Chromium source code and is compatible with all add-ons and extensions available in the Chrome store. On June 18, 2013, Torch announced that it had surpassed 10 million active users.
- Torch Browser for Mac is a free and unique software that offers you powerful browsing together with built-in media downloading and sharing features. Torch Browser for Mac is based on the Chromium technology platform, giving it fast browsing capabilities. With Torch, you can share sites you like, download torrents, accelerate downloads and grab.
- A built-in Torrent Manager, Torch Torrent is superfast and easy to use. Best of all it is all right there in your browser making torrent downloading a breeze.
Torrent site The Pirate Bay has run paid endorsements for Torch on their website.
The built-in BitTorrent client allows users to download torrent files. Users can directly share sites, videos, audio and search results with their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
On June 18, 2013, Torch announced a major release for Mac and Windows that included an integrated download accelerator. The same release also introduced Torch Music, a free social music discovery service that organizes music videos available on YouTube in a user-friendly interface. Users can easily find and stream music videos, create playlists, and follow their Facebook friends’ musical choices. Torch Music is integrated directly into Torch Browser, which includes an embedded controller to control music from any browser tab.
On July 1, 2013, Torch version 126.96.36.19912 was released. The release included the ability to download Instagram and Vine videos in a single click. Torch's ability to download Instagram videos was featured on CNET's Tekzilla Daily.
On February 26, 2014, Torch version 188.8.131.5208 was released. The release included the ability to customize the look and feel of users' Facebook pages using pre-set themes. Users can customize these themes or create their own. A user's customized page is visible to him/herself and to anyone visiting the original user's page from another Torch browser if the original user allows it.
On May 20, 2014, Torch version 184.108.40.20675 was released. The release updated the Chromium engine used by Torch and introduced an embedded player to stream torrents downloaded before the download is completed.
Reviews of Torch have evolved over time, as the browser continued to add features and functionality. Early versions of the browser have received mixed reviews, with some praising its interesting feature combination while others pointed to the lack of add-on support (an issue which has been resolved in newer versions).
In October 2012, The Blog Herald said of Torch: 'The Torch Web Browser is built on a lightweight framework that offers what appears to be decent security. If you like to browse the web while grabbing various files this might be the perfect browser for your arsenal of web applications. Overall I have been pleased with the Torch Browser and I only hope it continues to grow so more social sharing features can be experienced and more files can be grabbed.'
In reviewing Torch in December 2012, CNET said of Torch 220.127.116.114: 'An all-in-one Web browser is nothing to sneeze at, but Torch Browser isn't going to pry you away from Chrome or Firefox. While it has options that make sharing and social media a breeze, Torch Browser just isn't unique enough to win people's hearts. It lags in performance and its major features aren't worth making the switch...Torch Browser tries to carve out its niche by being an all-in-one Web browser... However, it doesn't do any of those things well enough to replace what you currently use. Once you get over the novelty, it becomes obvious that Torch Browser isn't that powerful as a Web portal. It's noticeably slower than other browsers and it doesn't have the same sort of add-on support. The layout is just a rip-off of the open-canvas setup of other, more popular browsers. None of this is to say that using it is all a bad experience. Torch Browser still runs circles around Internet Explorer and would be a major upgrade there... While not a threat to Firefox or Chrome, Torch Browser is easy enough to use and might just impress Internet Explorer users. Heavy downloaders might enjoy the torrent downloader and media player that come with it, too.'
PC Advisor, in an April 2013 review of the newest version, gave Torch 3.5/5 stars and praised it: 'This is a great alternative browser that adds some interesting extras on top of the Chrome engine. It’s well worth trying out'.
In a March 2015 Techradar review by Jamie Hinks, the publication called Torch 39 'an excellent alternative for anyone looking to a browser that breaks away from the norm'.
Download Torch Browser For Mac
Bundling of unwanted software
Torch Media receives payments from companies like Ask.com to bundle potentially unwanted programs with the browser. Users may be asked to install search toolbars or adware programs during installation. These bundled programs commonly do one or more of the following things:
- Change the user's browser homepage to a page with ads
- Change the user's default search engine
- Prevent the user from changing their homepage and default search engine
- Collect and upload data about the user's internet browsing behavior
- Add toolbars to the user's browsers
- Inject advertisements into websites that are visited by the user
While this practice is deemed controversial by some, users are given a chance to opt out of sponsored software and Torch claims to work fine without it.
Torch makes contradictory claims about the software they bundle. Their online troubleshooter claims that 'Torch does not install additional toolbars' while at the same time stating that 'the Torch installer may include an optional Ask.com toolbar' on another page.
- ^'Torch Browser 18.104.22.1686'. UpdateStar. 2020-06-08. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- ^'Which Operating Systems support Torch?'. torchbrowser.kayako.com. Archived from the original on 2018-07-08. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- ^Riggall, Jonathan (2012-08-01). 'Torch Browser - Download'. Torch.en.softonic.com. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^'Torch Browser 22.214.171.1245'. Neowin.net. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^ abc'Torch Browser - CNET Download.com'. Download.cnet.com. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^ abLARDINOIS, FREDERIC. 'Torch Browser Passes 10 Million Monthly Active Users, Adds Download Accelerator, Updates Torch Music Service'. TechCrunch.
- ^, Pirate Bay advertising Torch browser
- ^ abc'Torch Browser Delivers Social Media Sharing With A Healthy Dash Of Multimedia Control'. The Blog Herald. 2012-10-05. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^'Torch Browser 126.96.36.1995 Download'. TechSpot. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^'How to Download Instagram Videos - Torch Blog'. Blog.torchbrowser.com. 2013-07-01. Archived from the original on 2013-07-08. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- ^'Download Instagram videos CNET TV Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video'. Cnettv.cnet.com. 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- ^'How to Transform your Facebook in Just One Click - Torch Blog'. Blog.torchbrowser.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- ^'Torch Browser 23.4 review: an alternative web browser to Chrome, Firefox and IE'. PC Advisor. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ^Hinks, Jamie (30 March 2015). 'Best Browsers 2015: the top five candidates for your PC'. Techradar. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- ^, Torch FAQ
- ^'Torch Web Browser - Your All in One Internet Browser'. Torch Browser. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
Hello everyone, In this articles we are going to share best mac OS browser that you need to install your Mac device. Browsers plays a major role in the best Computers. In short, we can say browser is the body of Internet. Choosing the best browser for mac tend you to surf or download faster on Internet and consuming your time from wasting on loading or buffering issues. There are different browsers for mac on Internet but some of them are really faster which boosting your Internet Speed, remove caches quickly and most importantly which are very secure.
We all know that Mac is giant in Computer Industry and also give a smooth interface to the users but complexity in understanding and best internet for mac in all as well. Here, we are going to give a Mac internet browsers comparison options that you can install on your Apple computers.
TOP 10 Alternative Browsers for Mac OS X
Choosing a browser is quiet difficult but we are researched about browsers compatible with Mac versions which is going to be perform well on your Mac computer. And also check out what’s the best search engine for Mac device which supports all browsers.
1. Chrome Web Browser for Mac
The Top most browser for Mac that we recommend is Google Chrome. The speed is the browser very much faster than all other browsers for Mac. It has thousands of extensions that is very useful to the users, they need not go with separate applications to download on the computer. The only drawback that we experienced is Google Chrome battery draining is somewhat quicker than all other browsers in Mac. In Short, Google Chrome is not only the best browser for Mac but also all other competitor like Android and Windows.
Features of Google Chrome Browser:
- Simple design is the key to Google Browser for Mac success.
- speed in response.
- Free web browser for Mac OS.
- Chrome Extensions tools are vast in the market so, users need not go with any external software.
- It has the best search engine for Mac OS named as Google.
- Private mode of Browsing is also available (Incognito window)
- Smooth rendering of Web pages and a clutter-free environment.
- The Browser would be crash or freeze when users open many tabs.
- Most Secure browser for Mac and Windows
- Wide amount of Themes available in the store.
2. Mozilla Firefox Browser for Mac
Mozilla Firefox is one of the top web browsers for Mac that features fast in browsing and very close competitor for Google Chrome. It has tons of Add-on’s that won’t let you go with additional software downloading on computer. In terms of Battery draining, Firefox browser has less consumption of power while we comparing to the Google Chrome Browser.
Some features of Mozilla Firefox:
- A Tons of Add-ons available to increase your productivity.
- Fluid rendering technology makes it comfort user experience.
- Tab Browsing options available.
- Windows browser for Mac which synchronize all details.
- Secure web browser: Mac OS
- Sports with Spell checker to enhance your language Quality.
- Private browsing is available.
- Easy and quick in response.
- In-built best search engine for mac like Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL,..etc
3. Maxthon (Best Browser: Mac Sierra)
Maxthon cloud browser is one of the high performance Mac web browsers 2016 OS X. It is simple in design but powerful software to access the internet engines for Mac. It has many similar features to Google Chrome to Synchronizing all your favorites, history and browsers. It is one of the fastest mac internet browser for not only Mac but also Windows and mobiles.
Maxthon Browser highlights:
- High performance web browser.
- Synchronize and see favorites anywhere and anytime.
- Mouse gestures supported for better experience.
- Multiple screen supported for seamless multitasking.
- Magic fill to save your username and password safe and secure.
- Block Ads with ad hunter add-ons that come along with Maxthon browser.
4. Torch – Google Chrome’s Younger Brother
Torch is also a Mac OS X browser. It is packed with a unique design and speed in browsing. The browser is much similar to the Google Chrome and some modifications along with it. You will also able to download files from Torrents without Torrent clients.
Highlighting features of Torch Browser:
- It suited all Extensions that available in the Google Chrome Browser.
- Private Window is available.
- In-built feature of Torrent download.
- Social bar is available to get social notifications.
- Simple design and smooth interface.
- Numerous amount themes available for Torch browser.
- Fastest web browser for Mac.
Opera Browser is another excellent browser in all operating system. It is quiet older browser and widely suggested for low-end mobile phones. When we come to Mac, Opera is one of the best data saving browser and you can also switch into Turbo mode when your Internet connection is slow. As it can assist to enhance the speed of browsing,
Torch Browser For Mac 10.6.8
Opera for Mac Review:
- Fluid browsing experience with easy navigation.
- Data Saving feature is available.
- Opera is the lightest browser for Mac to surf like Pro.
- Packed a feature of turn off Images for saving data.
- Quickly you can preview the Webpage by moving the mouse cursor to the Tab.
- You can download any kind of files over this browser itself including Torrents
- Opera note is manage all your notes including the Evernote.
- Numerous mouse gestures supported for great user satisfaction.
- Features a RSS-reader with the Email client.
6. Camino Web Browser
Another great browser for Mac is Camino Browser. It is most powerful enough to pick its spot on top browsers. It comes with a strange design with high performance and full secure for your credentials. Here we mentioned about one of the best internet search engine for Mac is Google.
The service is discontinued in the end of 2013 but still you can download the latest version of the browser in its official site.
Features of Camino Browser:
- Exclusive for Mac users.
- Browser design is made specially for Macintosh.
- Cool user interface and fluid experience.
- More Secure.
- High Performance.
7. Apple Safari (Apple’s Own Browser)
Safari Browser is the Top notch fastest internet browser for Mac that come pre-installed in every Mac computers (iMac and Macbook). Also available on Apple phones and handheld devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod). It is the fastest browser 2016 Mac OS X and high performance rating. The browser gives you a hassle-free performance and it does not eat up more battery. It will gives you a solid and smooth user interface.
When we comparing all other above browsers, Safari is unbeatable in terms of battery backup. There is no lag I felt after a rough usage of Safari browser in Mac OS X.
Highlights of Apple safari browser:
- Top-notch performance and smooth user interface.
- Battery consumption is too low when compared to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Nearly 2 times faster than Chrome and Firefox.
- Complete security for your credentials.
- Third-party cookie blocking for to be on safer side.
- Safari is one of the safest browser for mac OS X.
- Hassle-free browsing.
- Cool extensions are available in the Apple Store.
RocketMelt which is from Yahoo! It is a great browser for who synchronize their data on different computers. It is one of the most powerful browser and has a wide search engine bar with it. Bottomline, it is a free browser which you can get it from online.
Highlights of RocketMelt browser
- Data sync is very easy on this browser
- Favourite website updates
- Lightweight web browser – Mac OS
- Powerful Search bar
- It supports various extensions includes Google Chrome
9. Omni Mac Browsers 2016
Omni Browser is yet another best mac browser 2016 which comes with multiples of rich features. It has a lot of great features to amaze but comparatively slow than other browser because of its high end features that can eat more RAM to lag your system. Other than that, It is a complete package of internet browser MAC OS that user wants.
10. Flock – Top browser
Flock is yet another good mac browsers which is specially designed for social media lovers. This browser comes with a features of always active on Social media networks and you need not to login again & again. You can also check latest notifications in sidebar of the browser. Despite the company discontinued this browser, you can get this browser from third party websites.
As I am shared my aspects of Top 10 browsers for Mac OS above. Also we did not listed out foxfire browser for Mac which has similar features like above. My final words, I recommend everyone to install two browsers that I stated. One for heavy usage that means personal use including social networks, blogs, videos, etc., and other one for official use where you can browse professional things including bank related things. Share your experience in the comment box below and we will let you know, when any other new browsers will come to the race.